Retractable Awnings help you to enjoy your hot, sunny patio while allowing for storage in inclement weather.
On those hot days, a retractable awning provides energy savings on air conditioning. And if you have a deck, it will receive some protection from fading when it is used as a patio awning.
Retractable Awnings are available in many different sizes to suit most situations. They also come in a variety of different fabrics. Check out the selection of Sunbrella fabrics for ideas.
As for styles, there are two basic types of awnings available. There is a traditional style, referred to as Classic. Or you may prefer the "hip roof" style, referred to as the Marcesa.
The Classic is typically used in areas of low height and when there is north, south exposure. The Marcesa, on the other hand, is stronger in the wind and is often a better choice for east, west exposure.
Retractable awnings come with a number of other features that make them desirable such as:
- Retractable awnings are suitable to protect against both sun and light rain.
- The fabric is waterproof.
- It can withstand some wind, up to about 30-35 kph.
- The slope is adjustable depending on the model.
- You can install a remote controlled motor if using a manual crank is a problem.
- Widths are customizable down to the inch.
- Text and graphics can be applied which might be suitable for commercial businesses.
- They are suitable for both windows and doors.
Call us to discuss your situation.